Friday, August 8, 2008

A Close Encounter

For those of you who don't live in Alaska, here is a glimpse of the things we deal with here. . .  We had a beautiful day here today.  I wanted to enjoy the outdoors and I was tired of chasing Aubrey around and pulling grass, rocks, and other "goodies" out of her mouth.  So, after I changed her cold, wet clothes (she pulled a bucket of cold water on herself,) I strapped her into the chariot and went for a jog with her.  I was running through the park near our house and paying more attention to Aubrey than to where I was going.  When I came to a T in the path I looked up and saw a moose right in front of me!  If I had reached out my hand I would have touched her nose!  I gasped and then turned on the after burners!  I have seen a lot of moose, but not that close up!  I quickly thanked the Lord for protecting us.

No comments: