Monday, November 17, 2008

Goodbye Alaska. . . Hello Texas

We leave Alaska late tonight with very mixed feelings. On one hand we are very excited for the changes to come. I am not sad to leave the weather here for a warmer climate. We have a whole new set of adventures awaiting us. Brian's new job will be very different and and exciting change for him. If all goes according to plan, we will arrive in Houston around noon tomorrow, have a final walk through of our new house at around 3. Thursday the 20th is Brian's first day at his new job, our closing date on the new house, and my birthday.

We are also very sad to leave our life here--the only life we have known as a married couple. We have wonderful friends here in Alaska that have become family to us. I know there will be challenges and many lonely moments in this time of transition. We hope to find a church home and get plugged into the community quickly.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

i am excited for you if that counts for anything! :) i love texas and you will too...especially, but not solely the weather...and in my book, that would be all i'd need (i can't stand the cold, or the dark)

anyway, what area will you be in...houston is like saying you are moving to rhode island :)

i have lots of sweet christian friends all over everywhere...let me know and i will get you some contacts and some good churches...not to mention you could join in live with beth mooore! :)

happy early birthday and i know that change is difficult, especially leaving your home and friends behind, but you guys will do awesome! hang in there when it is tough...because those times will come too I am sure.

The Howe Family said...

Praying for you and your long journey. The Lord has been so faithful to us in all of the changes and moving we've done in the last 6 years - I trust you will find the same through the ups and downs of your new adventure.

Ashlee Liddell said...

Julie, I don't know what area of Houston you guys found a house in, but I would love for you and Brian to come hang out any Friday night with our small group. It is very kid friendly, we hang out every Friday night.

I would love to bring a meal over, or help you with unpacking, or just help you get used to the area. Feel free to email me, or call (I will email Brian my number) anytime.

Welcome to Texas!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Texas! Jenny told me that you are moving into a house in Katy? I don't know that area very well, but we'll be in Alvin for about 3 more weeks if you'd like to meet up (we're moving to Austin in Dec). I hope you like the Houston area as much as we have!
Love,
Leslie