Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update and Reflections

Aubrey had several tests during and after her recent (a month ago) hospitalization.  Everything they tested has come back and everything came back normal.  The tests they did are some of the ways that a metabolic or mitochondrial disorder commonly show up.  They do not conclusively rule anything out--except for the one that ruled out an overdose on her medication.  We were kind of hoping that was the answer.  So, we are thankful for the results we have--even though they haven't been able to explain things as of yet.  I am so very thankful for Aubrey and the joy she brings to our lives and how healthy she is for now.    Some of our friends have been telling us lately that they admire our strength and perspective in the midst of these things we are facing.  I have to be honest, we don't always succeed at this, sometimes we are overcome by our fears even though the Lord tells us over and over not to fear. I have to constantly take my thoughts captive and not let my fears for her future take root. It is a frequent battle for me especially.  The Lord is refining us.  I have been learning that the Lord has given us each our own measure of hardship, our own cross to bear unlike anyone else's.  I think we have been able to be thankful despite the circumstance, but the next step is to be thankful for the circumstance.  We are thankful for the depth it has brought to our marriage, to our love for Aubrey, and to our relationship with the Lord.  Bottom line: We trust in the goodness of God.  ALL THE TIME He is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! I'm glad you didn't get any bad news from all the tests. I hope they can figure out soon what caused her crisis in January so that it won't happen again. Sounds like you are enjoying Texas so far. This is one of the great times of Houston weather; once June, July hit, you will either live in your pool or in your house. :) But, it is still fun!
Love,
Leslie