Thursday, December 5, 2013

Surgery update 2

We just talked to the Communicator. She said the main part of surgery is done. I assume that means the myectomy is done and she is still on bypass. Not sure where they are at with the defibrillator. We met her primary nurse that will care for her today and tomorrow while she is in the cardiac ICU. 
We feel really good about how everything is going and trust she will come through it all perfectly. I think the hardest thing for me right now is that they have to operate on her at all. I fully agree it is the best thing for her, but it is still hard to think about anyone operating on my sweet baby. We are in good spirits, calm, and collected, playing cards, and caring for sweet Zoe. Zoe has been a near perfect baby through all of this. She has an echo scheduled for tomorrow. 
More to come...

No comments: