Thursday, April 17, 2008

Heading to Houston

Last night a large group of wonderful friends up here
in Alaska came over to pray with us and encourage us.
It was so uplifting and encouraging and exactly what
we needed last night. God has been so good to give us
so many supporters in this strange journey. We can
sure see His hand already working out all of the
details that need to come together to help our little
girl. We also notice so many ways He has prepared us
for this time. We are so thankful.

We leave for Houston at 9am tomorrow morning. We are
told the best of the best are there to treat what
Aubrey has. Our Anchorage Cardiologist advised us to
make the trip as soon as possible and we have all of
our appointments scheduled for Tuesday at Texas
Children's hospital. She will be examined in the
Cardiomyopathy unit there. Brian's parents live in
Sugar Land (just outside of Houston) so we will be
staying with them for now. We are planning to enjoy
family time for the weekend before the appointments
begin on Tuesday.

Brian is taking some time off of work for the time
being. They have been incredibly accommodating and
supportive. We have a round trip ticket scheduled for
a couple of weeks, but we are also prepared to stay as
long as we need to for Aubrey. Brian could
potentially be transfered to Houston if that is where
we need to be long term.

We really don't know what God has for our future. We
are really hoping for the best. We know He will carry
us through this storm. We talked to the Cardiologist
about some possible scenarios, most are pretty scary,
but we know God is much bigger than our circumstances
and that He can heal her. Please keep praying for
us--we know you already are.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Julie I am SO sorry. I know that this cannot be an easy road to walk. I don't pretend to have wisdom or answers, but I do have love for you and your family and I can and will pray! You are awesome and through this I know her story and that of Christ will be told and heard. Love you friend. I am hoping that once you get to Houston they will find a way to treat her and/or that God would heal her.

Please keep us updated!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Aubrey's heart condition. I'll be praying for her, and I hope I can serve as a little bit of encouragement. I was born with a heart murmur and I have lived with it for over 26 years. It has never hindered me in any activitiy, but I can only imagine how my parents felt when I was very young.

I'm excited that ya'll are going to Texas Children's because I went there many times for check-ups growing up (until they booted me out when I was 18). It's a great hospital, and all the people there are wonderful.

My parents actually moved down the street form Brian's parents (assuming they still live on Greenbelt), and I'm sure they would be happy to talk to you about their experience from when I was a newborn with a heart condition. My dad's an easy guy to talk to, and while in his day-to-day life he is a psychologist, to me, he's just my dad.

Have a safe trip down, let me know if you need anything, and welcome to Houston.

- Brian Cox

Anonymous said...

Michael Warren here.
We love you guys.
We are committed to prayer.
God bless you.
Thanks for creating this blog.

Isaiah 43

But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.

Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

Unknown said...

Hey cous. I will for sure keep you in my prayers and will share this with Barb. This sounds like a really tough road ahead. I know we faced similar struggles early in our marriage and God really used it to cause us to grow closer together and to Him.
Steve

pennyf said...

Julie, I want you to know you, Aubrey and your family are in my prayers everyday. Thank you for posting this blog so we will know how to pray.
Love, Penny Fahey

Anonymous said...

Everyone here at camp is praying for you guys. What a testimony to read about all the God-fearing people who are behind you in all of this. I'm glad the blog worked out to be helpful tool. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Our prayers surround all of you--hoping for wisdom, clarity of mind, healing, and the gift of togetherness.

Jennifer Sanborn

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and are praying for you daily. Little Michelle has to pray for her friend Aubrey each night as she goes to bed. It is true that the Lord carries you through, even when things are so hard and just don't make sense.

We love you,

The LeMasters