Saturday, June 19, 2010

happy Happy HAPPY Anniversary!!!

I called Brian's room this morning and he answered. . . and it sounded like my husband!  He got a little sleep last night and improved dramatically.  He is feeling much better and the fog has lifted.  He was very curious about what happened and my brother filled him in the best he could.  He asked if he could come home today.  He'll stay in the CCU at least another day.  He got to talk to Aubrey on the phone as well.  Today is our anniversary and I think this may be our most memorable and in many ways the best one I'll ever have (maybe not the most fun, but so special.)  God has given me my sweet husband twice now and I am overjoyed.  Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.  I think he may be up for a few more visitors today--especially if it would help you to see him doing so well.

4 comments:

The Carrillo Family said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! It certainly is a special one. You two are a beautiful example of love in the best of times and the worst. We hope to visit sometime this afternoon. Love, The Carrillos

Michael said...

Happy Anniversary Bucks. Julie, thank you for writing and keeping us up with how Brian is doing. Praying like crazy and so excited to see Him answering our prayers! Warrens

Pastor Daniel said...

Happy Anniversary, Bucks, I'm sure you have a huge appreciation for this one. Please tell Brian hello and we wish we could be there to help out. We're praying for you guys.

stephanie said...

Oh Sweet Julie, Happy Anniversary and Happy Father's Day to Brian. Thank you for your sweet and pure faith and love of the Lord and your husband. You are such an inspiration to me- I can hardly describe it. Please tell Brian how much we are thinking of him. And please let me know if and when you would be up for some meals being delivered. So much love and so much gratitude that Brian is doing well. What a wonderful marriage you two share- God's hand is all over it. You are truly an example of "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding..." Stephanie